Flash Fiction
The wheels were turning fast. The Boy was pedaling. Trying
to get away. It was too late.
This is my flash fiction. I wrote about a boy riding his bike trying to get away from something chasing him. I chose to write about a child riding his bike because it signifies innocence. When I was writing him I was thinking that the thing chasing him was a monster. The monster would be a metaphor for the boys problems. He tries to avoid and get away from his problems but it is too late and they catch up to him. I wrote about this because I'm guilty of trying to run away things and sometimes avoiding responsibility and it ends up causing me more trouble than if I would have just faced them head on.
I like the aspect of the bike to signify innocence. Most people can relate to this because they probably ran away from something on their bike as a kid and they have problems now.
ReplyDeleteI like your flash fiction because it really made me think not knowing what was happening to the boy. It left a cliff hanger which is good so readers could infer what was going on.
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate the length of your flash fiction and your ability to get the point across. The symbols all fit well with your descriptions; and overall it was well done!
ReplyDelete